There exists no public documentation about how to configure Operate.
- Create a section in the Zeebe documentation about Operate deployments
- Document the available configuration options, possible sections:
- Configuration: Describe that operate is a spring boot application and can be configured over the common ways. Maybe embed the default configuration with explanations on the different configuration parameters
- Data Retention: Explain how data is stored in ES indexes, i.e. in-flight data vs. archived data. Explain that the user is responsible to clean up data themselves. ->
- Schema & Migration: Describe the ES schema and how to migrate to a new version.
- Importer & Archiver: Explain what these components are and how to scale them, i.e. run them separate from the web app ->
- Authentication: Explain how to configure different authentication protocols, i.e. static user ES and auth0
- Please follow the https://github.com/zeebe-io/zeebe/blob/OPE-812-deployment-docs/docs/README.md to work on the Zeebe docs
- I prepared an initial skeleton on this branch https://github.com/zeebe-io/zeebe/tree/OPE-812-deployment-docs
- After a merge to Zeebe development branch the documentation will be available on https://stage.docs.zeebe.io/