Right now, the front-end build is creating its own dataset in the engine in order to have some data to test stuff. However, this has a lot of downsides:
- the data generation is done in several places
- the front-end data generation data set is very small and limited
- the data set does not contain user data
- new functionality/data needed requires manual adjustment
Hence, it might make sense to use the back-end data generation module. If this is too slow then we can also think about to have a static dataset that the front-end can use and update using a jenkins job.
- the front-end development environment build uses the back-end data generation module to generate example data
- sync with Stammi and/or Johannes on how and when to run the generation (maybe in parallel to starting optimize etc.)