In the first iteration of the new collection/permission concept, alerts stayed untouched. Now we want to tackle them in bringing them into collections from a user perspective.
- menu item for Alerts from the top navigation is removed
- alerts page is removed
- a new tab for Alerts within the Collection pages
- the alert collection page list Alerts of reports from that collection, plus search, create button and context menu
- alerts are sorted alphabetically by name
- empty state of list and no search result found equal to other lists
- click on Alert list item opens edit modal for Alerts
- html title attribute for alert name, receiver and condition (to read truncated text in full length)
- to keep things simple, it is not possible to create Alerts for entities on the root level. A user must create a (private) Collection in order to create reports with alerts.
- only number reports from within the same collection are available to select when creating an alert in a collection
- creating Alerts is only allowed for Editor and Manager role (otherwise a Viewer would be able to create an alert but not the needed number report for it)
- a Viewer is not able to click on an Alert (to open the modal) or see the context menu.
- copying a collection also means copy alerts of reports of that collection
Zeplin Link for Alert Tab in Collection:
|Collection Alert API||Done||Unassigned|
|Collection Report API||Done||Unassigned|
|Migrate private report alerts into a "Alert Archive" collection||Done||Unassigned|
|Alerts can only be created for collection reports||Done||Unassigned|
|Alerts within Collections||Done||Unassigned|
|Document Alerts in Collections||Done||Unassigned|
|Copy Alerts on collection copy||Done||Unassigned|