Brief summary of the bug. What is it ? Where is it ?
When sharing a dashboard using the Embed function, it no longer displays in an iframe on version 3.5.0.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create any dashboard in Optimize and then click Share -> Embed Link
- Create a local html file and paste the contents of the Embed Link cliboard somewhere in the <body> tag of the html.
- Try to view the html file locally and you get an error message: "localhost refused to connect."
- Try this again in version 3.4.0 and the iframe is displayed correctly, showing the dashboard
Actual result :
localhost refused to connect.
Dashboard shows up... like in version 3.4.0
Additional Notes From Support Team:
Looking at the browser (F12) Network info, the failing version has a new Response Header including 'X-Frame-Options: DENY'
It looks like we updated the version of Jetty used, which has the rewrite handler in it that may affect this, but not sure if it is configurable. This is also very similar in nature to
Repeat the following in the cloud generation coming from the branch OPT-6562 and an old generation:
- Create a report, save it and then copy the embed code as shown in image
- Open https://jsfiddle.net/
- Paste the copied code in the html section
- click run
- In the old generation you should not be able to see the embedded report, whereas the generation from
OPT-6562should display the report appearing in the result section if you already fixed the bug