L3 - Default
After migrating to Spring Boot, Optimize has more options with being able to collect metrics. In parallel, as an organisation we are currently trying to better understand Optimize's import performance in the Cloud.
As a first step, we would like to measure how Optimize's import performs under load.
- Optimize's import performance for Zeebe records is viewable as a Grafana dashboard
- Optimize import performance can be viewed per document type
- Optimize import performance can be viewed per partition
- smirnov is the DRI for the broader topic. Notes can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AM9Qbm4wSxGiyQ39jeUlNHBB9srU0o56do5j4r1mLDk/edit#heading=h.iby4q8r5hvtr
- Actuator/Micrometer might be a helpful framework for handling the metrics collection: https://spring.io/blog/2018/03/16/micrometer-spring-boot-2-s-new-application-metrics-collector
- This ticket might need further breakdown if other metrics will be exposed
- The specific measure should be the same as Operate's, i.e. the time between the export of the Zeebe record and the point that Optimize tries to convert it to an Optimize document in the import services)
- A follow-up to this is likely to be the evaluation of query performance
This is the controller panel for Smart Panels app
|Collect basic import performance metrics||Done||Unassigned|