Type: Bug Report
Priority: L3 - Default
Affects Version/s: 7.12.0-alpha4
Environment:- Spring Boot Version: 2.1.5
- Camunda Version: 7.11.3-ee and 7.11.0
- Camunda Spring Boot: 3.3.1 and 3.3.4
What are the steps to reproduce your problem?
- Checkout new project from spring boot archetype: camunda-archetype-spring-boot-7.11.1
- enable password-policy in application.yaml or by code
- Add to application.yaml:
- Or add code:
- change password in application.yaml to a valid password e.g. Passw0rds!
- go to the admin in webapp and open the profile of the demo user
- change the first name
- click update profile
What is the problem?
This process fails with message "Failed to update user profile". The error message in the stack trace and the chrome network console says: NullValueException - password is null (stack trace attached).
What would be the expected behavior:
- The update of user profile succeeds.
- Only the affected fields be updated (not the password).
The update causes a verification of the field newPassword in UserEntity against the password policy.