What are the steps to reproduce your problem?
- Inject an execution variable expression-based field into an execution listener
- Change the variable value by calling expression.setValue("newValue", execution);
What is the problem?
- The variable is successfully resolved and changed by the called VariableScopeElResolver in the execution here
- The expression context is not marked as resolved
- The attempt to set the value ends in an exception with message org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Cannot resolve identifier 'mycolor'
What would be the expected behavior:
- The expression context is marked as resolved if the variable can be resolved
See attached project ZIP support-6456.zip for reproduction