- There exists a config flag historyCleanupEnabled which is true by default
- On a node with disabled cleanup, ...
- ... cleanup execution related properties (window, batch size, degree of parallelism) are ignored
- ... acquisition of jobs with handler of the type history-cleanup is not possible
- ... on bootstrap level ...
- ... no cleanup lock is acquired
- ... cleanup jobs are not created, reconfigured or suspended
- ... cleanup jobs cannot be scheduled to be due immediately (manual run)
- ... reconfiguration of cleanup jobs for a cleanup window cannot be triggered
- The flag is exposed to REST API (so that Cockpit can react accordingly)
- I can read documentation