What are the steps to reproduce your problem?
- Run Spring boot app with Camunda 7.12.2
- Deploy a process model containing a wait state (for example: User task)
- Start process instance
- Change the process definition ( for example: add the name of activity)
- Migrate the running process instance to new process definition
What is the problem?
- STATE_ is set to null in ACT_HI_PROCINST for the corresponding process instance after migration
What would be the expected behavior:
- STATE_ should remain "Active" in ACT_HI_PROCINST for the corresponding process instance after migration
This is reproducible only on 7.12.2, but it works as expected on 7.12.1.