This task should be addressed in late 2021 or early 2022.
Some of our repositories contain a NOTICE that needs to be kept up to date. A CI job that must be triggered manually takes care of this. The job works by going through a list of repositories and branches, changes the dates in the files, and pushes the changes.
Here are the steps that need to be performed for the NOTICE file update:
- Create maintenance branches for any older versions of modules that you expect we will build patches from in the next year
- Example: Assume we have released Spin 1.6.0, but there is no 1.6 maintenance branch yet. If we expect that may build 1.6.1 in the future, we should create the 1.6 now so that the notice file is correct
- update the list of repositories at https://github.com/camunda/camunda-bpm-helper-resources/blob/master/notice-file-update/file-list
- remove all maintenance branches that are out of support (see the support announcements)
- remove side project branches that are not used by maintained version branches
- add missing supported maintenance branches and missing side project branches (i.e. those that were released during this year, see the support announcements)
- when the list is up-to-date, trigger the update job: https://release.cambpm.camunda.cloud/view/all/job/maintenance/job/update-notice-file-dates/
- for a dry-run uncheck the PushChanges box
- finally run the job with PushChanges checked