Environment (Required on creation):
Camunda Automation Platform 7.17.0-alpha6
Description (Required on creation; please attach any relevant screenshots, stacktraces, log files, etc. to the ticket):
See the following screencast:
Steps to reproduce (Required on creation):
- Deploy a process with a collapsed subprocess and activities on multiple levels
- E.g., after-work.bpmn
- Start a new instance of this process
- Go to the process definition/instance runtime view
- Click on the "Modify" tab
- Create a modification instruction on the root level
- Drill down to the collapsed subprocess
The historic process instance restart feature is affected as well.
Observed Behavior (Required on creation):
Further modification instructions cannot be applied to flow nodes inside the collapsed subprocess.
Expected behavior (Required on creation):
Modification instructions can be applied to flow nodes on the root level or inside collapsed subprocesses.
Root Cause (Required on prioritization):
- ModificationService#processBpmnElements is not called when drilling down/up.
- "Hover" events can only be added when flow nodes are shown
- Skip adding "hovers" when they were already added before
Solution Ideas (Optional):
To reduce the scope, instance modification can only be allowed on one level and not across multiple levels.
This is the controller panel for Smart Panels app
- is caused by
CAM-13112 Handling of collapsed subprocesses in Cockpit