Currently, a dmn engine cannot be configured within a process engine configuration. There are two different configurations: DmnEngineConfiguration and ProcessEngineDmnEngineConfiguration that can be set on process engine configuration. If a DmnEngineConfiguration is set then the engine fails to startup with a ClassCastException. (see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/camunda-bpm-users/A6VbAm5LTsQ) On the other side, it is not easy to build a ProcessEngineDmnEngineConfiguration that works with process engine correctly. See org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cfg.ProcessEngineConfigurationImpl.initDmnEngine().
- I can configure the DMN engine within the process engine configuration (should be related to standalone DMN config)
- no class cast exception is thrown when a dmn engine configuration is set
- update the docs and differ between standalone and process engine configuration
- I can set a DmnEngineConfiguration on process engine configuration
- the ProcessEngineDmnEngineConfiguration is build on the dmn engine configuration while init