- it exists a configuration option to enable/disable the "Java Serialization Data Format"
- by default the "Java Serialization Data Format" is disabled
- the new configuration parameter has affect only in case when vairables are set by their serialized representation
- the change is described in the upgrade guide  and 
- the default serialization data format stays to JAVA - it is used when serializing object variables to store them in the database
- in case of the patches the "Java Serialization Data Format" should be enabled and the default serialization data format remains as it is