- I can query the engine version using the REST-API
- I start the engine with a version that is not supported by Optimize, e.g. 7.9.0
- I start Optimize 2.2 or later
- Optimize cannot import the data from the engine, since it does not contain the new Optimize REST-API
- Optimize does not start complaining about the engine version, since it is not supported for the running Optimize version.
One option would be to create avcompletely new endpoint where I have to state which engine I want to get the version from or using the existing engine name endpoint.