L3 - Default
We need an endpoint to trigger backups. To take a backup, the user must provide a backupId. Optimize acknowledges the request after it has started taking the backup of all ES indices, but before the backup is completed.
Optimize does not take two backups with the same Ids. If a backup fails, then a new backupId must be provided to re-trigger the backup.
If an update operation is in progress, the backup request will be rejected. If a snapshot operation is already in progress, the backup request will be rejected.
API details see doc linked in comments.
- New endpoint to take backups is exposed, this endpoint takes a backupId
- Optimize acknowledges request after backup operation has started (and before it's completed)
- it is not possible to take two backups with the same ID
- it is not possible to trigger a backup while an upgrade is in progress --> Optimize cannot be started while upgrade is in progress
- it is not possible to run an upgrade while a snapshot is in progress
- Adheres to all details from API doc (see comment)
Notes for testing:
Local setup and API details documented on confluence here: https://confluence.camunda.com/display/CO/Backup