Steps to reproduce:
- Deploy a process containing an external task with topic name "foo"
- Start an instance of that process
- Fetch and lock the external task
- Submit a failure
- When opening the incident error details in Cockpit, the error details are shown accordingly.
- The REST API returns the error details as text/plain
- But AngularJS does a default transformation to JSON: https://docs.angularjs.org/api/ng/service/$http
If the Content-Type is application/json or the response looks like JSON, deserialize it using a JSON parser.