L3 - Default
- it should be possible to define variable listener, which will triggered when a specific variable will be:
- updated or
Listeners can be defined on:
- case plan model
- tasks (human task, process task, case task)
- a listener is defined as an extension element
- a listener can be defined on an event (created, updated, deleted). If no event is provided, it listens for all events
- in the initial implementation, there is no configuration option for the variable names to be notified for
- A listener defined on some scope means that it is notified for every variable event that regards a variable that is either defined on that scope or one of its child scopes.
- On listener invocation, a context object is passed that allows to distinguish "where" in the scope hierarchy the variable was changed
- decide at the end of the implementation whether this would be a useful and feasible addition for the BPMN engine. If yes, create a follow-up ticket.
documented in the CMMN extension elements reference: http://stage.docs.camunda.org/api-references/cmmn10/#custom-extensions-camunda-extension-elements