Often users have a hybrid of Kafka/legacy systems that produce events and parts of their application that are already automated by Camunda. To be able to have an end to end view on their system, we want to support to have event ingestion for Camunda out of the box.
Given camunda events are available in a event log format that can be sequentially read during event based process instance generation (
OPT-3195), Camunda event mapping support is needed in the event based process editor to make use of this data .
- camunda event sources can be managed per event based process
- event based processes with camunda processes require each event user to have access to all of the associated processes in order to access the event based process
- the REST API used to populate the event mapping table includes mappable camunda events for a particular camunda process
- with a sequential camunda event source (
OPT-3195) and camunda event mapping on event based processes in place, the event based process instance import uses the camunda event log to aggregate this data into event based process instances
- data is correlated by the defined traceId location per camunda process => this id makes up the event based process instance id